- Third party links
- The personal information we collect about you
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity of the individual has been removed (anonymous data).
We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may collect, use, store and process personal information about you, including:
- identity information, including name, title, company name, job title, gender;
- contact information, including billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number(s);
- purchase and transaction information, including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us, bank account and credit card details;
- profile information, including your username and password, your interests, preferences and feedback;
- customer service information, including your customer service enquiries, comments and reviews submitted through our website and other third party websites;
- information we may obtain from our affiliated website, www.watchswiss.com;
- technical and usage information, being details of your visits to this website, including traffic data, location data, website usage, ads you click ok, mobile device attributes, connection information, IP address and other communication information. Please also refer to our Cookies Policy, here, for more information about how cookies collect data about you.
- If you fail to provide personal information
If you choose not to provide the personal information as requested, we may not be able to supply you with our products or services.
- How is your personal information collected?
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- the forms you complete on this website, our affiliated website, www.watchswiss.com, in physical stores, or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email, through third party websites or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- become a Watches of Switzerland VIP member or participate in our member activities and promotions;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- request marketing to be sent to you or respond to it;
- give us feedback;
- your interactions and use of our website, such as your location data, website usage and other communication data. Please see our Cookies Policy, here.
- Purposes for which we will collect or use your personal information
We collect and use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to register you as a new user and/or customer;
- to process, manage and deliver your orders, or otherwise fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to enable you to participate in competitions or promotions sponsored by us, or complete a survey, and to offer those to you;
- to administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- to conduct and analyse market research;
- to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- to monitor delivery and viewing of our newsletters to facilitate the improvement and optimisation of the delivery of the newsletter to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services and offers that may be of interest to you where you have opted in to receive such marketing information.
- Third party marketing
Unless we have another lawful means for processing your personal information, we will obtain your opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside of the Watches of Switzerland group of companies for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Storage and security of your personal information
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside of Australia such as the United States of America (service location).
We have put in place security measures which aim to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. We have imposed obligations on them to only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty to keep it confidential.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and the relevant privacy regulator of any breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We may share your personal information with the persons set out below:
- any member of the Watches of Switzerland Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- our third party service providers so that they can provide their services including including website administration, payment processing, data hosting, data analysis, market research, marketing support, customer profiling, lead generation, customer service and other customer interaction. professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, audit assessors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance or accounting services;
- third parties, including government authorities, where we are legally obliged to disclose your personal information to them.
Some of the information collected by, or disclosed to, our third party service providers who are acting on our behalf may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside Australia including but not limited to the United States of America. In these cases, we impose obligations on those service providers to manage your personal data in a way that would comply with applicable privacy laws. By using this website, you agree to that transfer, storing or processing of your personal information outside of Australia.
Some of our cookies are provided by third parties, such as Google Inc., Podium or Campaign Monitor Pty Ltd and are subject to their privacy policies. For more information about their privacy policies, please visit their respective websites. The information these third parties collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside Australia. By using this website or accepting its cookies or subscribing to receive emails from us or our service providers, you agree to that transfer, storing or processing of your personal information.
- How long do we retain your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your rights
You have the right:
- to request us to access, correct and/or delete your personal information;
- to request us to restrict the processing or object to the processing of your personal information;
- to request us to provide you, or any person or entity nominated by you, with a digital file of your personal information (data portability); and
- to withdraw your consent that allows us to use or process your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us as set out below in section 14.
- No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights) under applicable law. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help speed up our response.
- Time limit to respond
We will try to respond to all legitimate written requests by you regarding your personal information within 30 days after receiving them. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will let you know and keep you updated.
- By post: Watches of Switzerland Pty Ltd, 294 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolex Section
While navigating on the Rolex section of our website, you may interact with an embedded website from www.rolex.com. In such case, Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy of www.rolex.com are sole applicable.